Header Banner Tax Collector
Tax Collector Tax Collector Signature

Drivers License

Driver License General Information

The Okeechobee County Tax Collector is an agent for the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Florida residents from any County may receive driver license services from our office located at: 409 NW 2nd Ave Okeechobee FL from 8:00 am thru 4:00 pm M-F.

Drivers License Services Provided

  1. New License
  2. Road Testing By Appointment Only (call 863.763.3421 for Appt)
  3. Florida Citizen Original Learners (not requiring road test)
  4. Basic Renewals
  5. ID Card and Driver License Replacements
  6. CDL Renewals With Hazmat Endorsement
  7. New CDL License With Hazmat Endorsement
  8. CDL Replacement
  9. D6 Reinstatement
  10. Child Support Reinstatement
  11. Failure to Pay Court Financial Obligations Reinstatement

Documents Required

Florida law requires proof of identity, Social Security number, and 2 proofs of residential address for a driver license or ID card. To create a personalized checklist of the documents you need to bring, visit FLHSMV.GOV/WHATTOBRING

1. Proof of Identity

US Citizens: please bring one (1) of the following as proof of identity:
  1. Original or certified U.S. birth certificate from a government agency
  2. Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or U.S passport card
  3. Naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship
Has your name ever changed?
If the name on your identification document doesn’t match your current legal name, you will need to show an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate(s) (or other legal documents) to prove your current name. (Uncertified photocopies of the marriage certificate(s) are not acceptable.)
Non-US Citizens:
please bring one (1) of the following as proof of identity:
  1. Current permanent resident card (I-551)
  2. Current employment authorization card (I-688B, I-766)
  3. Valid passport along with proof of current temporary status classification from DHS
  4. If your status is F1, you will need to bring the I-20, this applies to F2 as well
  5. If your status is J1, you will need to bring the DS2019, this applies to J2 as well

2. Proof of Social Security Number: please bring one (1) of the following:

  1. Social Security card
  2. W-2 form (hand-written not acceptable)
  3. Pay check stub showing applicant’s name and full number (hand-written not acceptable)
  4. SSA-1099, or non-SSA-1099
  5. Self Certification (Self Certification Form is Available Here) – Please note that the social security number must verify through the Social Security Administration system.
No social security number?
U.S. citizens and permanent residents must present form L-676 from the Social Security Administration. In addition, U.S. citizens, permanent residents and Canadian citizens without a social security number, as well as those with temporary status classifications from DHS, and must bring at least one proof of secondary ID from the list available at FLHSMV.GOV/WHATTOBRING .

3. Two proofs of residential address: please bring two (2) of the following:

  1. Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement or payment booklet or rental agreement
  2. Florida voter registration card
  3. Florida vehicle registration or title
  4. W-2 form or 1099
  5. Utility bill, hookup or work order
  6. Current automobile or homeowner’s insurance policy or bill
  7. Mail from financial institution
  8. Medical or health card with address
  9. Letter from shelter or half-way house verifying applicant lives at this address
  10. Current educational transcripts
No proof of residential address?
If you have no proof of residential address, you can bring in one proof of address in the name of the person you are living with and complete the Certification of Address Statement. The Certification of Address Statement form can be found HERE.

VisualGov DT Ventures
All rights reserved. Copyright ©1999-2019    Privacy Policy